Single Ductless Split Heat Pump Systems (KJ) Featuring an Interior Floor Mount Air Handler
Pacific Rim Heat Pumps provides sales, installation and maintenance of Mitsubishi Mr. Slim ductless heat pumps to customers in Port Alberni, Parksville, and Nanaimo, BC.
The KJ-series of the Single ductless split system includes one interior unit and one outdoor unit. Like all of our single ductless split systems, these units are a great fit for heating and cooling homes in coastal communities on Vancouver Island. Older or smaller homes that don’t have space for duct work, will benefit from the system’s ability to adjust and keep a room’s ambient air temperature consistent.
This series has a floor mounted interior air handler. There are many benefits to having the air handler close to the floor. Being approximately 24” high, 30” wide, and 8.5” deep, it sits very low on the wall and may resemble the size and location of some older hot water radiator units that used to heat homes. This is a great benefit in newer homes where most of the exterior walls are filled with large windows and doors. With those windows and doors present, there sometimes aren’t many locations available for regular wall mounts.
In this series there are four different models which provide different heating and cooling capacities to address different requirements.
Some Features of the KJ Series of Single Ductless Split Systems
1. This heat pump system comes with Mr. Slim’s standard Variable Compressor Speed Inverter (VCSi) technology. This works to keep a room at the desired room temperature rather than running an on/off cycle as the room temperature fluctuates.
2. This series provides Hyper Heat at outside temperatures as low as -25°C
3. RapidHeat mode, for when a room needs to be heated up quickly
4. The KJ series of the single ductless split systems has a high efficiency cooling rating of 28.2 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
5. This series also has a very high efficiency rating for heating at 13.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)
For more information and to learn about the optional accessories available, contact us at Pacific Rim Heat Pumps by phone, email, or on our contact form!